Here’s how I fed my family of four for one week, REAL FOOD, for around $100. When I say real food, I mean mostly whole foods. Sure, there’s the occasional processed item, pasta, frozen pizza (with a salad!), but a good majority of this meal plan is centered around whole foods. This “Real Food Meal Plan 4 People + 7 Days = $100” will keep your grocery budget in check while exploring new and exciting dishes.
This post contains affiliate links, see below for full disclosure.
A few notes before I share the menu and shopping list:
- We eat oatmeal with milk and raisins almost every morning for breakfast.
- While the kids eat school lunches, we generally eat leftovers for lunch.
- We eat salad every night with dinner. I buy Romaine lettuce and then whatever veggies we have leftover from preparing meals goes on top.
- The cost for this meal plan assumes you have NOTHING in your pantry. The cost will go down significantly if you already have the spices needed in your collection.
- I included the cost for actually buying the item, not divided by how much you’d use in this meal plan. For example, the almonds cost $5.79/bag. You only need a handful for this meal plan, so you will obviously have extra for snacking, adding to salads and cereals, etc.
- I primarily shop at Aldi’s. There are a few things they don’t carry and for those items, I go to Price Chopper or Walmart. The prices for each item come from the actual store I purchased them from.
The menu. Simply click the images below to view each individual recipe.
The shopping list will be linked below.
Date Night (Cook’s Night Off)
Breakfast: Egg Frittata with Ham and Cheese
Dinner: Frozen Pizza with Salad (Because it’s the holiday season and I need two nights off)
I hope this meal plan shows you that you can eat good food and stay within a budget. Reduce stress and eliminate the never ending question, “What’s for dinner?” with this “Real Food Meal Plan 4 People + 7 Days = $100!” Enjoy!
Check out these other meal plans before you go:
I place affiliate links to make it easy for you to find products mentioned and used in the recipes. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy way for you to help out your favorite bloggers. Thank you so much for your continued support!